Posts tagged Portland
Posts tagged Portland
Yule log #hotsauce #portland (at Tinymeat)
Moleskine interrupted / some Keanu Reaves sounding douchebag bragging loudly about early retirement broke the morning silence of the coffee shop patio. Who wears cologne? #moleskine #sketchbook #portland #pleasedontbreed (at douchebag magnet)
“Birds of a feather” - my daughter Lucille is visiting from Vermont. We both like owls :-)
I’ve invested my blood, sweat and burnt fingers in a tiny surface design and manufacturing studio and am proud to announce the release of the first item in the softgoods lineup.
“Hyvää päivää Tinymeat™!” Now you know how to greet people in Finnish! Moleskine Cahier > Jenky old Copic Multiliner
New Fall Release / Laser Cats Passport Case
Not one but three tough kitties with their patented anti-depressant double rainbow laser cannons.
My pal Ryan Bjornstad and his bandmates Starfucker have signed to Polyvinyl (of Montreal, Architecture in Helsinki, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin) and getting ready to set off for a fall tour with Austin darlings Octopus Project. Here’s a stream upcoming release Julius. Tough Alliance with touches of Animal Collective.
from this week’s crop of recently announced NYT engagements.
I hand colored some of my shop cards amidst all the crazyness at yesterday’s Fremont street fair. I like this one
In our seemingly never ending quest to dominate the online marketplace, I broke down today and signed us up for a shop on Mintd. Right off the bat, there are a few things that caught my attention. Here are a few things that I love about Mintd
1. Mintd seems to be community oriented.
2. when signing up, you are not automatically signing up to buy or sell, it’s more like social networking.
3. Sign up was easy
4. becoming a seller was easy
5. Product listing will be easy.
6. All product listing info is gathered from a single page. This means, no waiting around for pages to load.
7. Images are uploaded at the same time that product info is added.
8. images can be moved around as they are uploaded. No need to delete and re-upload if they are done out of order.
9. Our recent blog postings are listed in our profile with the help of our rss feed. That’s cool :)
10. There is a “promote your item” feature which may help to sell me stuff.
which brings me to Things I Don’t Love About Mintd
While product listing should be very easy, I found it tricky to get the settings just right on the first item that I added. If you have to go back to fix something that you’ve left off you will have to enter in all of your settings again. Very frustrating! I had to go back and reenter the same info several times before I got it all correct. I’m sure it’s because I’m a newbie and I haven’t mastered the interface just yet. Hopefully item number 2 will be more smooth! Another thing I’m not so sure I like is the payment system. A free account limits the number of items you can list and charges a large fee. Upgrading is easy and tiered, but Im not sure if we will sell enough on Mintd to justify it. We’ll see.